1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan. In small bowl, combine cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar beat until smooth. Add 1 egg, mint extract and food color mix well. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan, melt 1 cup margarine and 4 oz. chocolate over very low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat cool 15 minutes or until slightly cooled.
3. Stir 2 cups sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla into chocolate mixture. Add 4 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour mix well. Spread in greased and floured pan. Carefully spoon filling over brownie mixture. Lightly swirl filling into brownie mixture.
4. Bake at 350°F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
5. In medium saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons margarine, corn syrup and water bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat. Add 2 oz. chocolate stir until melted. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and powdered sugar beat until smooth. Frost cooled brownies. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (above 3500 feet): No change.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Serving Size: 1 Brownie * Calories: 190 * Calories from Fat: 100 * % Daily Value: Total Fat: 11 g 17% * Saturated Fat: 4 g 20% * Cholesterol: 35 mg 12% * Sodium: 95 mg 4% * Total Carbohydrate: 21 g 7% * Dietary Fiber: 1 g 3% * Sugars: 16 g * Protein: 2 g * Vitamin A: 8% * Vitamin C: 0% * Calcium: 0% * Iron: 4% * Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Fruit, 2 Fat or 1 1/2 Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
See Cook's Note: Tips for Making Bar Cookies
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.