Total Calories: 265
1. In Dutch oven or large saucepan, cover beans with water. Soak at least 12 hours.
2. Do not drain. Add pork shank and onion to beans bring to a boil. Simmer 1 hour.
3. Heat oven to 300°F. Drain bean mixture, reserving 2 cups liquid. Place drained beans and pork in ungreased 3-quart casserole or bean pot. In small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients stir in reserved liquid. Pour over beans cover.
4. Bake at 300°F. for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
5. Remove pork shank trim meat off bone and return meat to casserole. Bake, uncovered, an additional 30 to 60 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and beans are tender.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Serving Size: 1 Cup * Calories: 270 * Calories from Fat: 20 * % Daily Value: Total Fat: 2 g 3% * Saturated Fat: 1 g 5% * Cholesterol: 15 mg 5% * Sodium: 390 mg 16% * Total Carbohydrate: 47 g 16% * Dietary Fiber: 10 g 40% * Sugars: 17 g * Protein: 17 g * Vitamin A: 0% * Vitamin C: 2% * Calcium: 15% * Iron: 25% * Dietary Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Fruit, 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat or 3 Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat
See Cook's Note: Preparing Legumes and Cook's Note: Legumes
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.