Total Calories: 258
1. Wash halved bell peppers and de-seed, slice green onion, thaw and drain corn kernels, drain and rinse kidney beans.
2. Arrange pepper halves in a 9 inch square glass baking dish. Cover dish with plastic wrap, poke holes in wrap, and heat 4 minutes in the microwave, or until tender.
3. In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes and their liquid, rice and water. Cover with plastic and cook in the microwave for 4 minutes or until rice is cooked.
4. Stir green onions, corn, kidney beans, and red pepper flakes into the tomato mixture. Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until heated.
5. Spoon hot tomato mixture evenly into pepper halves and cover with plastic wrap. Poke holes in wrap to vent steam and heat in the microwave 4 minutes.
6. Remove plastic, sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Allow to stand 1-2 minutes and serve.
This Microwavable Stuffed Peppers recipe is from the Cook'n in College Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.