Total Calories: 265
1. Place the milk, vanilla extract and rum in the blender. Add the yolks, sugar, salt, then the flour and cocoa powder. Finally, add the butter and blend on high speed 30 seconds.
2. Scrape down the sides of the blender and blend on high speed 30 seconds more. Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate at least 2 hours. At this point, it can also be covered and refrigerated for
up to 1 day. Bring it to room temperature before continuing with recipe.
3. Heat an 8" crepe pan or skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle a few drops of water on the pan if they sizzle, the pan is ready to use. Brush with a little vegetable oil.
4. Using a 1/4 cup measure, fill it with batter and pour it into the skillet. Immediately pick up the pan and tilt and swirl it so that the batter covers the entire bottom of the pan. Pour any excess batter back
into the bowl.
5. Loosen the edges of the crêpe with a metal spatula. You can use a spatula to turn the crepe, but I usually, turn it with my fingers. Using both hands, pick up the loosened edges with my thumb and index
finger and quickly flip it over.
6. Cook on the other side (usually less than a minute) and slide it out onto a plate. Cover with waxed paper. Repeat with the remaining batter.
These crepes may be filled with many different fillings, such as jam and sprinkled with a little sugar. Use your imagination and a few of your favorite ingredients to develop your own recipes.
Crepes may be kept tightly wrapped for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. They may also be frozen. Be sure to bring them to room temperature before using.
Cover the crêpes with foil and reheat in a 300°F oven until warmed through.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.