1. Peel core, and cut the apples into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Set a large, heavy skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
3. Add the apples and sprinkle the sugar and brown sugar over them.
4. Cook, covered, over medium-high heat, until the apples begin to soften, about 8 minutes.
5. Uncover and continue to cook, stirring, until the apples are soft, 10 to 12 minutes.(The mixture will be boiling)
6. Sift in the vanilla and salt.
7. Set aside to cool.
To Assemble the Crepes:
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a large baking dish. Arrange the crepes flat on a large work surface. Using a slotted spoon, remove the apples from the sauce and divide them among the
crepes, spreading them over the surface of each crepe. Fold each crepe to make a half moon and then fold in half again to create a thick triangle. Arrange the crepes in the baking dish, overlapping them.
Bring the remaining sauce back to a boil. Add 1/2 cup cream and whisk until the boiling mixture has thickened and darkened again to brown. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon sauce over each crepe (if there's
extra sauce, reserve it to serve at the table). Bake the crepes until the filling is very hot, about 15 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.