1. Cut 15-inch circle from heavy-duty aluminum foil. Line pie plate, 9 X 1 1/4 inches, with foil circle, leaving 2 inches overhanging edge.
2. Spread butter over foil lining. Place pecan halves, rounded sides down, on butter. Mix brown sugar and corn syrup drop by small spoonfuls evenly over pecans and foil.
3. Heat oven to 450°. Make pastry as directed-except roll first round of pastry into 11-inch circle. Ease into pie plate over pecans and brown sugar mixture. Mix remaining ingredients pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
4. Roll other round of pastry into 12-inch circle. Fold into fourths cut slits so steam can escape. Place over filling and unfold seal and flute. Turn up overhanging foil to catch juices and to prevent crust from excessive browning. Bake 10 minutes.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 375°. Bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Cool 5 minutes. Turn foil away from pastry. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pie plate turn serving plate and pie plate over. Peel off foil. Cool about 25 minutes or until warm. Serve warm.
*Spreads with at least 65% vegetable oil can be used.
NUTRITION FACTS: 1 Serving: Calories 515 (Calories from Fat 260) Fat 29g (Saturated 7g) Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 340mg Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 3g) Protein 5g % DAILY VALUE: Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 2% Iron 10% DIET EXCHANGES: Not Recommended
From "Betty Crocker's Complete Cookbook, Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today, 9th Edition." Text Copyright 2000 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.