Total Calories: 306
1. Heat oven to 275°. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper or heavy brown paper.
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Beat in 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time continue beating until stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy. Do not under-beat. Shape meringue on cookie sheet into 9-inch circle with back of spoon, building up side.
3. Bake 1 1/2 hours. Turn off oven leave meringue in oven with door closed 1 hour. Remove from oven. Finish cooling at room temperature, about 2 hours.
4. While meringue is cooling, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl on medium speed until smooth. Beat in yogurt and pre-serves until well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
5. Carefully remove meringue from parchment paper. Top meringue with yogurt mixture. Arrange pineapple chunks, strawberries and kiwifruit on yogurt mixture. Serve immediately.
Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 10)
Fat 1g (Saturated 0g)
Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 1g)
% DAILY VALUE: Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 44% Calcium 12% Iron 2%
DIET EXCHANGES: 2 Starch, 1/2 Fruit
From "Betty Crocker's Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cooking Today." Text Copyright 2005 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This Tropical Fruit Meringues recipe is from the Betty Crocker's Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cooking Today Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.