Total Calories: 384
1. Combine the beef, pork, veal, onion, parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, the coriander, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and the baking soda in a large bowl. Knead and squeeze the mixture with your hands until thoroughly blended, 3 to 4 minutes. Knead in the broth. To test the mixture for seasoning, sauté a small amount of it in a nonstick skillet until cooked through, then taste, adding salt or pepper to the remaining mixture as necessary it should be highly seasoned.
2. Lightly oil a large plate. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Lightly wet your hands with cold water, then roll each portion between your palms to form a sausage shape about 1 inch in diameter and 2 inches long. Place the cevapcici as they are made on the prepared plate. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate them for 1 hour. Place the onion, tomato, and bell pepper in separate serving bowls. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the cevapcici on the hot grate and grill, turning with a spatula, until nicely browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes in all.
5. Serve the cevapcici on crusty rolls (2 per roll), topped with spoonfuls of onion, tomato, and bell pepper.
Makes 8 patties serves 4
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.