Total Calories: 251
1. Wash your hands! Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place one muffin liner in 10 of the muffin cups. Fill the other two open muffin cups ¾ full of water (this allows the muffins to bake evenly when there are muffin cups left empty).
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, and 2 Tbsp softened butter.
4. Cut in 3/4 C. baking mix into the mixture using a fork. Mix until you can't see any of the baking mix, small clumps or crumbles should be forming. Set aside.
(If the mixture is too dry (appears powdery) add more softened butter 1 tsp at a time, until crumbles form. - If the mixture is too wet (appears like soft dough) add more baking mix,1 Tbsp at a time.)
5. Set up a clean cutting board with a damp rag underneath.
6. Rinse off the apples under cool running water. Dry them off, and set them near the cutting board.
7. Core and dice apples (1/8 inch thick).
9. Place the apples in a mixing bowl and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture (a 1:2, cinnamon to sugar ratio) over the apples. Toss until all of it is evenly covered. Set aside
10 In a large mixing bowl stir together 2 Tbsp. melted butter and sugar. Stir in milk and egg. Add baking mix, stir just until mixed (the batter will be lumpy Fold in the apples.
11. Pour batter ¾ full into the muffin cups. Sprinkle Streusel Topping evenly over the top of the batter.
12. Bake in a conventional oven 16-20 minutes. The muffins will be a darker golden brown.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.