Total Calories: 572
1. Peel, cut, then core apples
2. In a large bowl combine apples, cranberries, walnuts, sugar, orange juice, and orange jest. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and ½ tsp of nutmeg. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour, remaining cinnamon, and remaining nutmeg. Mix Well. Add butter to dry ingredients. Mixture should be coarse crumbs.
4. Pour fruit mixture into baking dish, sprinkle crumb mixture over the top. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 325 degrees F, and continue baking 35-40 minutes, or until bubbly and apples are tender.
5. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into portions. Garnish with cranberry coulee.
This Apple-Cranberry Crisp with Oat Topping recipe is from the Cook'n in College Cookbook. Download this Cookbook today.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"Call it nutrition software, meal planning software, cooking software, recipe manager, or whatever you want. It is the software I use to stay healthy!"
"Your software is the best recipe organizer and menu planner out there!"
"Thank you so very much for creating such a wonderful cooking recipe program. I think this is the best recipe program there is!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.