Total Calories: 150
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Divide the meat into 6 equal portions. Lightly wet your hands with cold water, then form each portion of meat into a round patty, 4 inches across and of even thickness (see Note).
3. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate.
4. Brush one side of the patties and the onion slices (if using) lightly with melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Arrange both the burgers and onion slices, butter side down, on the hot grate and grill until nicely browned, about 4 minutes. Brush the other side lightly with more melted butter and season with more salt and pepper. Turn with a spatula and continue grilling until nicely browned and cooked to taste, about 4 minutes for medium. Brush the cut sides of the buns with the remaining melted butter and place, cut sides down, on the grill the last 2 minutes.
5. Set out the toppings. Place the burgers and onion slices on the buns and serve.
Note: If not planning on cooking the burgers immediately, place on a large plate, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
In addition to the ingredients in the main recipe, you’ll need:
6 slices (1/4 inch thick) sharp Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, or 6 pieces Roquefort
Follow the instructions through cooking the first side of the burgers in step 4. After you flip them, place a piece of cheese on top. Cover the grill and cook the burgers until the cheese is melted and the meat is done to taste. Check after 3 minutes.
Bacon and Smoked-Cheese Burger
In addition to the ingredients in the main recipe you’ll need:
12 thin slices bacon
6 slices (1/4 inch thick) smoked mozzarella or other smoked cheese
In step 2, wrap each patty with 2 strips of bacon. The bacon strips should be placed perpendicular to each other. Cook the burgers as described in the main recipe. Place on buns and top with the cheese. The heat of the burgers will melt the cheese.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.