Total Calories: 818
1. Soak the sausage casing in a large bowl of cold water for 1 hour, changing the water several times.
2. Combine the ground meat, vinegar, water, sweet and hot paprikas, 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon salt, the oregano, cumin, coriander, garlic, sugar, and 1 teaspoon black pepper in a large mixer bowl. Beat the mixture with a mixer fitted with the paddle or dough hook. Alternatively, you can mix with a wooden spoon. To test the mixture for seasoning, sauté a small amount of it in a nonstick skillet until cooked through, then taste, adding hot pepper flakes, salt, or black pepper to the remaining mixture as necessary it should be highly seasoned.
3. Remve the casing from the soaking water and rinsing out the insides as directed (see Notes).
4. Preheat the grill to high.
5. When ready to cook, prick each sausage in several places with a needle or toothpick and brush lightly with oil. (Make sure the needle doesn’t wind up in the sausage.) Arrange the sausages on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until nicely browned all over and cooked through (a metal skewer inserted in one will come out very hot to the touch), 16 to 20 minutes in all.
6. Serve the chorizos, hot dog style, on crusty rolls or cut them into pieces and serve on small skewers or toothpicks.
Makes twelve 5-inch links serves 6
Notes: If you do not wish to make sausages in casings, mold the sausage mixture onto flat skewers as in step 2 of Oasis Kebabs , then proceed to cook the kebabs as directed in that recipe.
If you’re not planning to cook the prepared sausage immediately, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.