Total Calories: 908
1. If using the sausage casing, soak it in a large bowl of cold water for 1 hour, changing the water several times.
2. Meanwhile, break the pomegranate into quarters and seed set aside.
3. Place the pork in a large bowl and stir in the pomegranate seeds, garlic, dill, cilantro, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Knead and squeeze the mixture with your hands until blended 3 to 4 minutes. To test the mixture for seasoning, sauté a small amount of it in a nonstick skillet until cooked through, then taste, adding salt or cinnamon to the remaining mixture as necessary it should be highly seasoned.
4. Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap. If making sausages in casings, first removing the casing from the soaking water and rinsing out the insides as directed.
If making sausage patties, divide the mixture into 8 equal portions, then lightly wet your hands with cold water and form each portion into a patty 3 inches across and about 1/2 inch thick.
Place sausages as they are made on the prepared baking sheet (see Note).
5. Preheat the grill to high.
6. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. If the sausages are in casings, prick each one in several places with a needle or toothpick and brush lightly with oil. (Make sure the needle doesn’t wind up in the sausage.) Arrange the sausages, in whatever your chosen form, on the hot grate. Grill, turning with tongs, until the sausages in casings are nicely browned and cooked through (a metal skewer inserted in one will come out very hot to the touch), 16 to 20 minutes in all the patties will need 4 minutes a side. Serve immediately.
Makes twelve 4-inch stuffed sausages or 3-inch patties serves 4
Note: If not planning to cook immediately, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.