Total Calories: 376
1. Combine the beef, onion, parsley, mint, cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl, then knead and squeeze the mixture with your hands until thoroughly blended, 3 to 4 minutes. To test the mixture for seasoning, sauté a small amount of it in a nonstick skillet until cooked through, then taste, adding salt or pepper to the remaining mixture as necessary.
2. Divide the meat mixture into 8 equal portions. Lightly wet your hands with cold water, then, starting about 1 inch from the tip of a skewer, mold each portions around the skewer to form a flattish sausage about 10 inches long and 1 inch wide. To keep from flattening the meat, place each kofta as it is made on a baking pan so the ends of the skewers rest on the sides of the pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. If desired, set up the grill for grateless grilling. Preheat the grill to high.
4. When ready to cook, if not using the grateless method, generously oil the grate. Arrange the koftas on the grill as described in the grateless method or arrange directly on the hot oiled grate. Grill, turning with tongs, until nicely browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes in all).
5. Use a pita bread to protect your hand as you slide each kofta off its skewer onto a plate. Serve the koftas sprinkled with chopped onion and, if desired, ground sumac, and accompanied by pita breads.
Makes 8 koftas serves 4 as an entrée
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.