Total Calories: 268
1. Combine the lamb, pistachios, onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, the Aleppo pepper, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper into a large bowl. Knead and squeeze the mixture with your hands until thoroughly blended, 3 to 4 minutes. To test the mixture for seasoning, sauté a small amount of it in a nonstick skillet until cooked through, then taste, adding salt or pepper to the remaining mixture as necessary. Cover and refrigerate the meat mixture for 2 hours.
2. If desired, set up the grill for grateless grilling. Preheat the grill to high.
3. Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap. Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal portions. Lightly wet your hands with cold water, then, starting about 1 inch from the tip of a skewer, mold each portion of the mixture around the skewer to form a flattish sausage about 11 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Place each kebab as it is made on the prepared baking sheet.
4. When ready to cook, if not using the grateless method, generously oil the grate. Arrange the kebabs on the grill as described in the grateless method, or arrange directly on the hot grate. Grill, turning with tongs, until nicely browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes in all.
5. Use a pita to protect your hand as you slide each sausage off its skewer onto a serving plate. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 sausages serves 4 as an entrée
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.