Total Calories: 268
1. If desired, set up the grill for grateless grilling. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Place the lamb in a large bowl and mix in the onion, garlic, parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, the cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Knead and squeeze the mixture with your hands until thoroughly blended, 3 to 4 minutes. To test the mixture for seasoning, sauté a small amount of it in a nonstick skillet until cooked through, then taste, adding salt or pepper to the remaining mixture as necessary it should be highly seasoned.
3. Trim the ends off the eggplants and discard cut each eggplant crosswise into 1 1/2-inch rounds. Thread each round, through the cut sides, on a skewer, 4 to a skewer, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart.
4. Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap. Divide the meat mixture into 24 equal portions. Lightly wet your hands with cold water, then take one of the portions of meat and mold it around a skewer, between 2 eggplant rounds, making it as much as possible the same size and shape as the eggplant. Repeat with the remaining portions of meat so each skewer contains 4 eggplant rounds alternating with 3 portions of meat. Place each kebab as it is made on the prepared baking sheet (see Note).
5. When ready to cook, if not using the grateless method, generously oil the grate. Arrange the kebabs on the grill as described in the grateless method, or arrange directly on the hot oiled grate. Grill, turning with tongs, until nicely browned and cooked through, 12 to 16 minutes in all.
6. Use a lavash to protect your hand as you slide the meat and eggplant off their skewers onto serving plates. If desired, trim away the charred eggplant skin before eating. Serve accompanied by lavash.
Note: If not planning to cook immediately, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.