Total Calories: 504
1. Place the lamb and onion in a food processor and process until the onion is ground very fine. Add the flour, chopped parsley, slivered basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and process briefly to combine. To test the mixture for seasoning, sauté a small amount of it in a nonstick skillet until cooked through, then taste, adding salt or pepper to the remaining mixture as necessary it should be highly seasoned. Transfer to a large bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. If desired, set up the grill for grateless grilling. Preheat the grill to high.
3. Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap. Divide the meat mixture into 8 equal portions. Lightly wet your hands with cold water, then mold each portion around a skewer to form a sausage about 12 inches long and 3/4 inch wide. Place each kebab as it is made on the prepared baking sheet (see Note).
4. When ready to cook, if not using the grateless grill method, generously oil the grate. Arrange the kebabs as described in the grateless method, or arrange directly on the hot oiled grate. Grill, turning with tongs, until nicely browned on both sides and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes in all.
5. Remove the kebabs to a platter and arrange the lavash in one layer on the grill grate. Grill just until warm and pliable, about 20 seconds per side. Remove from the grill and cut into 5 3 4 inch strips.
6. Use a strip of lavash to protect your hand as you slide each sausage off its skewer onto a platter. Cut each sausage into three 4-inch pieces. Wrap each piece, along with a whole basil leaf and a sprig of parsley, in a strip of lavash. Arrange the bundles on a serving platter and sprinkle with the sliced scallions and pomegranate seeds. Serve accompanied, if desired, by ground sumac.
Makes 24 pieces serves 8 to 12 as an appetizer, 4 to 6 as an entrée
Note: If not planning to cook immediately, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.