Total Calories: 329
1. Place the bulgur in a bowl with cold water to cover by 1 inch and let soak for 2 hours.
2. If desired, set up the grill for grateless grilling. Preheat the grill to high.
3. Place the meat in a large bowl. Drain the bulgur in a strainer, then squeeze it between your fingers to wring out all the water. Add the bulgur to the ground meat along with the onion, garlic, mint, 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, the hot pepper flakes, and allspice. Knead and squeeze the mixture with your hands until thoroughly blended, 3 to 4 minutes. To test the mixture for seasoning, sauté a small amount of it in a nonstick skillet until cooked through, then taste, adding Aleppo pepper, salt, or black pepper to the remaining mixture as necessary it should be highly seasoned.
4. Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap. Divide the meat mixture into 6 equal portions. Lightly wet your hands with cold water, then mold each portion of the mixture around a skewer to form a sausage 11 to 12 inches long and 1 inch in diameter. Place each kebab as it is made on the prepared baking sheet (see Note).
5. When ready to cook, if not using the grateless method, generously oil the grate. Arrange the kebabs as described in the grateless method, or arrange directly on the hot oiled grate. Grill, turning with tongs, until nicely browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes in all.
6. Use a lavash to protect your hand as you slide each sausage off its skewer onto a serving plate. Serve immediately, accompanied by lavash.
Serves 4 to 6
Note: If not planning to cook immediately, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.