Total Calories: 145
In a small bowl, whisk vinegar or lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in oil.
Or, combine vinegar or lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a covered jar and shake vigorously until well combined add oil and shake until blended.
Note: Proportions of ingredients can be varied to suit your taste.
1. One clove minced garlic added to the basic dressing or any of the variations gives a robust flavor. Or, add a crushed clove of garlic and allow dressing to stand for an hour or more. Remove garlic just before serving.
2. One tablespoon minced shallot or green onion is a delicious addition for serving over mixed greens or citrus fruits.
3. Fresh or dried herbs added in proportions you want give an opportunity to experiment. Fresh minced parsley, chives, basil or mint are some suggestions... Start with 1 tablespoon. Use 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried Italian herb seasoning or dill weed for a different flavor.
4. Toasted sesame seeds add an interesting flavor to the basic dressing. Try adding 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds and 1 teaspoon soy sauce and toss with strips of cooked meats or cheese.
5. For a French Dressing, add 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sugar to the basic dressing.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.