Top of the Class
Summer is almost over and for many people it's time to go back to school. To make sure that your student performs their best don't let them skip breakfast. It's been shown that students who eat a nutritious breakfast pay attention better and have better grades than those who don't eat breakfast in the morning. Sometimes it's hard to wake up early and eat a good breakfast, but there are portable foods that can give your student a leg up in school! Here is a short list of some ideas for breakfast.
- Pumpkin and Granola Parfait: All you need for this breakfast on the go is plain Greek yogurt, canned pumpkin puree, and granola. Layer in a Tupperware container and you're good to go. You can also make any flavor of parfait you'd like. Just replace the pumpkin puree with fresh fruit of your choice!
- Microwave Scrambled Eggs: Take two eggs, put them in a microwave-safe container, and add vegetables, cheese, and seasonings to taste! Then cook for 30 seconds, stir and repeat, cook until the eggs are solid! This is an easy dish to make a head of time and then reheat later.
- Banana and Peanut Butter: Do you have a banana handy? How about some peanut butter? Did you answer yes to both of those questions? Great! Now all you do take some peanut butter and dip your banana in it! This is a good source of protein and fiber and will keep you full until lunch!
- Fresh Fruit: Fresh fruit is such a great breakfast! Grab an apple, orange, banana, or all three and eat them on the way to school! Fruits are also very easy to stock up o u on so if you have a lot of rushed mornings this might be the option for you!
- Instant Oatmeal: This classic is super cheap and super easy to prepare. Heat it in the microwave while you're getting ready, and then add brown sugar, or some fruit to make it delicious.
There you have it. A very short list of the many easy breakfast ideas for people and students on the go! With their bellies fed, your student will be able to focus and will become the top of the class!
Weekly Newsletter Contributer since 2013