Total Calories: 286
1. In a saucepan, heat milk, salt and butter until butter has melted. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Place flour in a bowl and make a well in the center. Add the oil and eggs to the well and whisk until the batter is stiff and smooth.
3. Gradually add milk mixture, whisking until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a clean bowl and whisk in the beer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Heat an 8" crêpe pan or skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle a few drops of water on the pan if they sizzle, the pan is ready to use. Brush with a little of the melted butter.
5. Using a 1/4 cup measure, fill it with batter and pour it into the skillet. Immediately pick up the pan and tilt and swirl it so that the batter covers the entire bottom of the pan. Pour any excess batter back
into the bowl.
6. Loosen the edges of the crêpe with a metal spatula. You can use a spatula to turn the crêpe, but I usually, turn it with my fingers. Using both hands, pick up the loosened edges with my thumb and index
finger and quickly flip it over.
7. Cook on the other side until lightly golden (usually less than a minute) and slide it out onto a plate. Cover with waxed paper. Repeat with the remaining batter.
One serving suggestion:
Sprinkle with lemon juice and sugar and serve.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.