Total Calories: 236
1. Combine the eggs and milk in a blender. Add the flour and salt and mix on high speed until smooth.
2. Separately, combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Push the flour aside to make well in the center. Break the eggs into the center and pour in 3/4 cup of the milk. Whisk in a small circle in the
middle the well blend the eggs and the milk. Whisking constantly, gradually draw in the flour until you have a thick mixture. Add 3/4 cup milk. Whisk until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
3. Strain the batter (to remove any lumps) into a quart size measuring cup with a spout or a pitcher. Let the batter rest at room tempature for 30 minutes.
4. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, using a pastry brush to add a butter coating to the crepe maker cooking plate before dipping & cooking.
5. After dipping, cook 2-5 minutes depending upon preference. Transfer the crepe to a cooling rack. Proceed with the remaining batter. Once cool, stack the crepes between sheets of waxed paper.
Create Your Own Fillings:
The beauty of crepes is that they welcome many kinds of fillings. Try them hot off the griddle brushed with some soft sweet butter and jam, make up your own fillings, or try some of these suggestions.
Fill with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, or asparagus, simmered in cream until thickened.
Fill with hunks of cooked crabmeat and ripe avacado.
Line with a slice of ham, sprinkle with grated cheese, fold into a triangle, and heat until the cheese melts.
Fill with leftover ratatouille, roll, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, and bake until warm.
Spread with cream cheese mixed with dill and chives. Layer some thinly sliced smoked salmon. Roll and cut into slices for hors d'oeuvres.
Spread with sweetened cream cheese or ricotta cheese mixed with lemon zest.
Fill with chocolate ganache or chocolate mousse and serve with a creme anglaise.
Fill with chopped fresh pineapple and bake in a butter-rum sauce.
Stuff with pears, peaches, or ripe fresh berries that have been cooked with a little sugar. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Spread with butter and orange marmalade, flash under the broiler, and dust with confectioner's sugar for mock crepes Suzette.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.