Total Calories: 143
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Make 6 randomly placed slits around each eggplant with the tip of a paring knife. Insert a half clove of garlic in each slit. Lightly brush the eggplants, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion with oil and season with salt and black pepper.
3. When ready to cook, arrange the vegetables on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until the skins are charred, about 20 minutes for the eggplant (the flesh should be very soft as well) and bell pepper, and about 12 minutes for the tomatoes and onion quarters. Transfer the vegetables to a plate and let cool.
4. Scrape most of the charred skin off the vegetables. Cut the eggplant and tomatoes into 1-inch dice. Stem, seed, and finely dice the bell pepper. Thinly slice the onion crosswise. Transfer the vegetables to a shallow heatproof serving bowl and stir to mix, adding salt and pepper to taste.
5. Just before serving, prepare the spice mixture. Heat the oil in a small, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mustard seeds, onion, garlic, ginger, and chile and sauté until fragrant and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the lime juice, let boil, then pour the hot spice mixture over the vegetables. Toss gently to mix, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve warm or at room temperature
Note: The recipe can be prepared to this point up to 2 days ahead of time. Keep, covered, in the refrigerator.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.