Total Calories: 244
1. Set a yogurt strainer, or a regular strainer lined with a double layer of dampened cheesecloth, over a medium-size bowl. Add the yogurt and drain, in the refrigerator, for 4 hours. You should wind up with about 1 1/4 cups
2. Cut the cauliflower into florets, leaving about 1 inch of stem on each floret. Prick each floret 8 to 10 times with a trussing needle or carving fork to allow the marinade to penetrate to the center.
3. Combine the garlic, ginger, and oil in a spice mill or mini chopper and process to a smooth paste. Alternatively, grind the garlic and ginger to a paste in a mortar with the pestle, then work in the oil. Transfer the paste to a large nonreactive bowl. Whisk in the paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper, ajwain (if using), cumin, yogurt, lemon juice, and enough chickpea flour to make a smooth mixture. Stir in the cauliflower, cover, and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 2 hours.
4. Set up the grill for indirect grilling, placing a drip pan in the center, and preheat to high.
5. Thread the cauliflower florets crosswise through the stems onto the skewers. (The flower ends should all be pointing up.)
6. When ready to cook, spoon any remaining marinade over the cauliflower and arrange the skewers on the hot grate over the drip pan. Cover and grill for 10 minutes, then brush the florets with a little melted butter and continue grilling until nicely browned and tender, 10 to 20 minutes more. Move the skewers directly over the flames for the last 2 to 3 minutes to lightly brown the cauliflower. Brush the cauliflower with the remaining butter and unskewer onto plates or a platter. Serve immediately.
Serves 6 to 8
Note: If you prefer not to drain the yogurt, you will need only 1 1/2 cups.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.