Total Calories: 389
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Trim the tips off the stems of the okra, but do not cut into the pods. This would expose the insides to air, making the okra slimy. Lay 4 or 5 okra side by side in a neat row on a cutting board. Stick a bamboo skewer through each end of each piece. The idea is to hold them flat for grilling. Transfer the skewered okra to a large platter. Skewer the sugar snap peas the same way and transfer to the okra platter.
3. Cut the asparagus stalks in half crosswise. Thread these halves on skewers at a 90- degree angle to the skewers, 4 to 5 pieces to a skewer, alternating tip halves and stalk pieces. Transfer the asparagus to the platter with the other vegetables.
4. Cut any large shiitakes in half or quarters leave small ones whole. Thread the shiitake caps onto skewers, 4 caps to a skewer, alternating with pieces of scallion. The caps should be threaded on so they will lie flat on the grill. Transfer the shiitake skewers to the platter. Mix the salt and pepper (if using) in a small bowl. Brush the vegetables with the sesame oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. When ready to cook, arrange the okra, sugar snap peas, asparagus, and shiitakes on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until lightly browned and tender, 3 to 6 minutes per side, depending on the vegetable. Serve the various skewers as soon as they’re ready. Don’t worry about serving everything at once. It’s more fun if the food arrives sequentially.
Serves 4 to 6
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.