Total Calories: 278
1. Combine the eggs, milk, flour and salt in the blender and blend on high speed for 1 minute.
2. If the batter is lumpy, strain it through a sieve. Cover and allow to rest at room temperature for at least one hour. At this point, it can also be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day. Bring it to room
temperature before continuing with recipe.
3. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of the melted butter. Skim the foam off the rest of the butter.
4. Heat an 8" crêpe pan or skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle a few drops of water on the pan if they sizzle, the pan is ready to use. Brush with a little of the melted butter.
5. Using a 1/4 cup measure, fill it with batter and pour it into the skillet.Immediately pick up the pan and tilt and swirl it so that the batter covers the entire bottom of the pan. Pour any excess batter back
into the bowl.
6. Loosen the edges of the crêpe with a metal spatula. You can use a spatula to turn the crêpe, but I usually turn it with my fingers. Using both hands, pick up the loosened edges with my thumb and index
finger and quickly flip it over.
7. Cook on the other side until lightly golden (usually less than a minute) and slide it out onto a plate. Cover with waxed paper. Repeat with the remaining batter.
These crêpes may be filled with either sweet fillings, such as jam and sprinkled with a little sugar. They may also be filled with savory fillings, like ham and cheese or chicken and spinach in a cream sauce.
A favorite sweet filling in France is Nutella. In Brittany, they make them with buckwheat flour and fill them with seafood. In Alsace, they flavor the batter with herbes and use leftover meat for fillings. Use
your imagination and a few of your favorite ingredients to develop your own favorites.
Crêpes may be kept tightly wrapped for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. They may also be frozen. Be sure to bring them to room temperature before using.
Crêpes may be reheated. Heat a skillet and brush with a little butter. Heat gently on both sides. Fold into half or quarters and serve accompanied by butter and sugar or preserves.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.