1. Peel eggplant and cut into diagonal 1/2” slices.
2. Squeeze eggplant between paper towels to remove excess liquid.
3. Dice eggplant and other vegetables into small pieces. (If planning to dehydrate the meal, cut into larger pieces.)
4. In large, non-stick skillet, heat oil and sauté onions until translucent.
5. Add garlic, peppers, fennel, bay leaves and Herbs or thyme; sauté until soft.
6. Add eggplant and sauté until golden.
7. Add zucchini and sauté 5 min.
8. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper; simmer 15 min.
9. Cool and place into 1 gal. freezer bag; let sit overnight; freeze for trail.
Note: Herbs de Provence can be found in the spice section of most grocery stores and typically contains rosemary, marjoram, basil, bay leaf, and thyme.
Fun Fact: Grizzly, black bears, hummingbirds and squirrels hibernate in the winter because a long, chilly season of little food and warmth is no picnic for these animals.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.