Total Calories: 104
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over high heat. Add the potatoes, onion, and salt and stir well, then reduce the heat to medium.
2. Using the back of a spatula, press the potato mixture to an even thickness. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until nicely browned on the bottom.
3. Using a spatula, cut the potatoes into quarters to form 4 pie-shaped pieces. Carefully turn over each quarter, press down, and continue cooking another 5 minutes or until browned on the bottom.
4. Sprinkle generously with pepper before serving.
For a Change . . .
* Serve these potatoes like they do in waffle houses— cover, smother, cap, and pepper them.Translation: “Cover” them with grated soy cheese, “smother” them with sautéed onions, “cap” them with sautéed mushrooms, and/or “pepper” them with minced jalapeños. You may be wondering how I am so familiar with the way hash browns are served in waffle houses. I think it has something to do with being born in Kentucky.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.