Total Calories: 424
1. Place all the ingredients in a heavy medium-sized pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to very low, cover, and simmer about 30 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
3. Enjoy the pudding warm as is or topped with some dairy-free milk or yogurt.
For a Change . . .
* To cook this pudding faster, reduce the water to 1 cup. In Step 2, reduce the heat to medium. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Stirring often, cook the mixture for 10 minutes or until the apple is tender.
* For a delicious tropical-style breakfast pudding, substitute 1 ripe plantain for the apple and 2 large soft dates for the raisins. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons shredded coconut and an additional 1/4 cup water.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.