Total Calories: 68
1. Remove and discard the fat just inside the body cavities and rinse the quail, inside and out, under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Spatchcock the quail. Place the quail in a large bowl or baking dish and set aside while you prepare the spice paste.
2. Combine the salt, cumin and coriander seeds, and peppercorns in a mortar and crush with the pestle, then work in the garlic and oil or grind the salt and spices to a powder in a spice mill and combine with the garlic and oil in a small bowl. Using your fingers, rub this paste over the quail to coat thoroughly. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 4 hours.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. When ready to cook, oil the grate. Arrange the quail, skin side down, on the hot grate and grill until nicely browned and the juices run clear when the tip of a skewer or sharp knife is inserted in the thickest part of a thigh, 4 to 6 minutes per side (8 to 12 minutes in all).
5. Transfer the quail to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately.
Serves 4 as an entrée
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.