Total Calories: 196
1. Rinse the chicken under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Cut the meat lengthwise (with the grain) into 2 1/2-inch strips (the size of your little finger). Place the strips in a large bowl and set aside while you prepare the marinade.
2. Combine the garlic, ginger, sugar, and salt in a mortar and pound to a coarse paste with the pestle, then work in the fish sauce and coconut milk if you don’t have a mortar and pestle, process the ingredients, all at once, in a blender. Add the mixture to the chicken in the bowl, turning the strips to coat. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 1 to 2 hours (the longer the better), stirring occasionally.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. Remove the chicken strips from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and weave lengthwise onto the skewers.
5. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the satés on the hot grate and grill until lightly browned and cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes per side (2 to 6 minutes in all). Brush the satés once or twice before turning with the reserved marinade.
6. Transfer to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately, accompanied by small bowls of the Tamarind Dipping Sauce.
Serves 4 as an appetizer, 2 as an entrée
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.