Total Calories: 424
1. Trim most of the excess fat off the lamb chops.
2. Place the saffron in a small bowl and grind it to a fine powder with a pestle or the end of a wooden spoon. Add the warm water, stir, and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Place the onions in a food processor and process, in batches if necessary, until the onions are puréed and quite watery. Transfer the contents of the workbowl to a fine-meshed strainer and set over a large, deep nonreactive bowl and drain, pressing the solids with the back of a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to extract the juice you should have about 2 cups. Discard the contents of the strainer.
4. Add the chile, turmeric, salt, pepper, and the dissolved saffron to the onion juice. Whisk until the salt is dissolved. Add the lamb chops and turn to coat thoroughly. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 2 hours, turning several times.
5. Preheat the grill to high.
6. When ready to cook, remove the chops from the marinade and blot dry with paper towels. Oil the grill grate, then arrange the chops on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until cooked to taste, about 6 minutes per side for medium.
7. Transfer the chops to serving plates or a platter and serve immediately.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.