Total Calories: 100
1. Rinse the chicken breasts under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Spread the breasts open, smooth side down and with one long side facing you, on your work surface. Cut out the fillets (the long, slender strip of meat on each half breast) and set aside for another use (see Note). Season the breasts with salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the oregano.
2. Cut the bell pepper lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips. Cut the ham into 1/4-inch strips cut the hard-cooked egg into 6 lengthwise wedges. Arrange the pepper and ham strips, flat on the opened breasts. Place the egg wedges and prunes lengthwise on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border on each side.
3. Starting at the side facing you, roll each breast up to form a compact cylinder. Pin the rolls closed with short metal skewers or tie with butcher’s string as follows: Tie the string around one end of each roll and then wrap it around the roll until you reach the other end tie the ends to secure. Rub the outsides of the rolls with the oil and season with salt, pepper, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano. Place the pamplonas on a platter, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to grill, up to 6 hours.
4. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
5. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the pamplonas on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs and basting with a small amount of the oil, until nicely browned, firm to the touch, and a skewer inserted in the center of each comes out very hot to the touch, 20 to 30 minutes in all.
6. Transfer the pamplonas to a cutting board. Traditionally, pamplonas are served whole on plates, but I like to cut them crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, fanning the slices out on serving plates or a platter to create a mosaic effect. Let rest for 5 minutes before removing the skewers or string.
Makes 2 pamplonas serves 6 as an appetizer, 2 to 4 as an entrée
Note: One good use for the fillets would be any of the satés.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.