Total Calories: 296
1. Rinse the chicken under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Cut the meat lengthwise (with the grain) into strips the size of your little finger. Place the strips in a large bowl and set aside while you prepare the marinade.
2. Combine the shallots, the lemongrass pieces, the ginger, peanuts, 3 tablespoons of the oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the soy sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and the ground spices in a blender and process to a smooth paste. Taste for seasoning, adding salt or lemon juice to taste the mixture should be highly seasoned. Add the mixture to the chicken in the bowl, stirring to coat completely. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. Weave the chicken strips lengthwise onto the skewers.
5. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the satés on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until lightly browned and cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes per side (2 to 6 minutes in all). Using the whole lemongrass stalk as a brush, baste the satés with the remaining oil once or twice as they cook.
6. Transfer the satés to serving plates or a platter and serve with the peanut sauce.
Serves 8 as an appetizer, 4 as an entrée
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.