Total Calories: 312
1. Cut the onion into eight wedges and break each wedge into segments. Stem and seed the bell pepper and cut into strips 1 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.
2. Thread the ingredients for the kebabs onto the skewers in the following sequence: a lamb chop, a piece of onion, a piece of bell pepper, a tomato (skewered crosswise), a piece of onion, a piece of bell pepper, another lamb chop, more onion and pepper, another tomato, more onion and pepper, and another lamb chop. Run a metal skewer through the meat of each chop at a 60-degree angle to the bone. Arrange the kebabs on a platter or baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and set aside, in the refrigerator, until ready to grill.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. When ready to grill, prepare the spice mixture. Combine the salt, pepper, mint, oregano, and rosemary in a small bowl, crumbling the rosemary between your fingers.
5. Brush the chops and vegetables on each skewer all over with oil and season generously with the spice mixture. Oil the grill grate, then arrange the kebabs on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until the lamb is cooked to taste, about 12 minutes in all for medium. As the kebabs cook, brush with oil and season with more of the spice mix.
6. Fold a pita around the meat on each skewer and pull out the skewer. Serve immediately.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.