Total Calories: 145
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Lay three lamb chops flat on a cutting board in a row, ribs on the diagonal, pointing in the same direction. Run a metal skewer through the meat of each chop at a 60-degree angle to the bones. Skewer the remaining chops the same way.
3. Combine the salt, cumin, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Using some of this mixture, season the lamb chops on both sides. Place the remaining mixture in tiny bowls for serving and set aside.
4. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the skewers on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until the lamb is cooked to taste, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium.
5. Fold a pita around the meat on each skewer and pull out the skewer. Accompany the chops with a hefty dollop of tomato sauce, a spoonful of relish, and a generous pinch of seasoned salt.
Moroccan Tomato Sauce
There are probably as many versions of this sauce as there are individual grill jockeys in Morocco. This one offers the refreshing taste of fresh mint.
2 large fresh, ripe tomatoes (about 1 pound)
1 large shallot or 1/2 small onion, peeled
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or
Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise. Grate the tomatoes through the large holes of a four-sided grater into a shallow bowl. Grate in the shallot or onion the same way. Stir in the mint, lemon juice, and salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.