Total Calories: 19
1. Combine the Sichuan and black peppercorns, the coriander seeds, and salt in a dry skillet. Cook the spices over medium heat until the peppercorns are toasted and very fragrant, about 3 minutes, stirring or shaking the pan occasionally. Transfer the mixture to a spice mill and grind to a powder (you can also grind the spices in a mortar with a pestle).
2. Rub as much of this mixture as you wish over both sides of the lamb steaks. Place the steaks on a platter and let marinate, at room temperature, while you light the grill.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Arrange the lamb steaks on the hot grate and grill, turning with tongs, until cooked to taste, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
5. Remove the steaks to serving plates or a platter. Season with a little more rub, if any remains, and serve at once.
Note: If desired, substitute 8 loin or 12 rib lamb chops for the steaks. Each loin chop should be about 4 ounces and 1 1/2 inches thick (grill about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare) each rib chop, about 3 ounces and 1 inch thick (grill about 4 minutes per side for the same doneness).
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.