Total Calories: 243
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Drain canned abalone, reserving liquid. Combine abalone liquid with enough cold stock or water to make six cups.
3. Cut mushrooms, abalone, ham and pork all in strips, but keep them separate. Mince ginger root.
4. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and sherry. Add to pork and toss to coat. Let stand a few minutes.
5. Heat oil. Add salt and ginger and stir-fry a few times. Add pork and stir-fry until it loses pinkness. Remove from pan.
6. Meanwhile bring abalone-stock mixture slowly to a boil. Add mushrooms and stir-fried pork. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
7. Add abalone, ham strips, pepper and remaining salt. Cook only to heat through, about 2 minutes. (Don't overcook abalone it will toughen.)
8. Garnish with a poached egg (*Soups - Garnishing Soup).
* For the pork, substitute 1/2 cup chicken breast, cooked. Add in step 6 after mushrooms have simmered 8 minutes, and cook only to heat through.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.