1. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tortilla strips in oil 30 to 60 seconds, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
2. Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Cook onions in butter, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly remove from heat. Stir in half-and-half. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute reduce heat to medium.
3. Stir chile, scallops and shrimp into sauce. Cook over medium heat about 9 minutes, stirring frequently, just until shrimp are pink and firm and scallops are white.
4. Heat oven to 350°. Grease 3-quart casserole.
5. Arrange half of the tortilla strips in bottom of casserole. Top with half of the seafood mixture. Repeat with remaining tortilla strips and seafood mixture. Top with bacon. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
NUTRITION FACTS: 1 Serving: Calories 625 (Calories from Fat 335) Fat 37g (Saturated 14g) Cholesterol 135mg Sodium 890mg Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 3g) Protein 27g % DAILY VALUE: Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 24% Iron 28% DIET EXCHANGES: 3 Starch 2 High-Fat Meat 1 Vegetable 4 Fat
From "Betty Crocker's Complete Cookbook, Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today, 9th Edition." Text Copyright 2000 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.