Easy Chicken Fajitas
Ingredients:2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
seasoned salt to taste
3/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
2 pounds green bell peppers
1 pound red bell pepper
1 pound yellow onion
2 flour tortillas
salsa, medium, to taste
1 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Cut chicken into 1/4 inch strips lengthwise, cutting away any extra fat.
2. Pour 3 oz. olive oil into large saucepan. Heat on medium-high temperature. Oil should be clear not dark.
3. Place chicken in bowl and sprinkle with seasoning until coated. Slowly place chicken strips in the saucepan. Let chicken cook for 5-7 minutes while you prepare the vegetables.
4. Rinse peppers in cool water then dry.
5. Cut onions in half then cut 1/4-1/8 inch slivers. Then place onions and 3 oz. olive oil in another saucepan. Cook at medium-high heat. Hold.
6. Cut peppers in half then in 1/4-1/8 inch lengthwise strips. Remove inner seeds and stem. Place in large saucepan and brown.
7. Microwave Tortillas for 30 seconds-1 minute. Place chicken and vegetables in separate bowls. Dish up approximately 2 oz. chicken and 3 oz. of vegetables into each tortilla. Add cheese and salsa. Lastly, roll and fold tortillas then serve.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.