Slow Cooker Ham with Maple Brown Sugar Glaze
This slow cooker ham is gorgeous, and would be beautiful on any holiday table. The best part is, this slow cooker ham recipe is easy and economical. Perfect for feeding a crowd!
|7 1/2 pounds||unsliced, bone-in ham|
|1 cup||of water|
|for the glaze:|
|1/2 cup||of dark brown sugar|
|1/2 cup||of pure maple syrup|
|2 tablespoons||of brown mustard|
|2 tablespoons||of cornstarch|
|freshly ground pepper to taste|
1 Start by trimming excess fat and skin from the ham.
2. Use a paring knife to slice a grid pattern into the ham.
3. Add ham and 1 cup of water to slow cooker.
4. Heat for 5-6 hours on low, until heated through.
5. Remove ham from slow cooker and let rest for 20 minutes.
6. Prepare glaze.
7. Bring pure maple syrup, dark brown sugar, mustard, pepper and cornstarch to a boil.
8. Let boil 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly until mixture starts to thicken.
9. Let glaze cool for about 5 minutes.
10. Pat ham dry and spoon glaze over ham.
11. Heat ham under broiler 5-7 minutes until glaze has caramelized.
Notes: If glaze cools too long and is overly thick, just reheat to make pourable.