Shortbread Fruit Tartlets
Yield 36 tarts
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (21-ounce) can raspberry, strawberry, or cherry pie filling or fruit preserves, of your choice
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
3. Add flour and mix well.
4. Shape into 1 inch balls and press into the bottom and up the sides of greased mini muffin cups.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until very lightly browned.
6. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes and then carefully remove from pans.
7. Spoon pie filling or preserves into each tart (I use a baby spoon to do this--it's much easier than a regular teaspoon).
Recipe formatted with the Cook'n Recipe Software from DVO Enterprises.