Raw or Hard-Boiled?
Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference visually between raw and hard-boiled eggs. Here's two handy ways to determine which is which...
- Method 1
- Lay the egg on its side on a smooth, hard surface, like a cutting board in the kitchen sink.
- Spin it with your fingers and thumb.
- Stop its rotation with a finger tip, by placing your finger directly down on the rotating egg.
- Lift your finger up, immediately.
- If the egg remains still, it is a hard boiled egg.
- If the egg continues to slowly rotate, it is uncooked.
- Method 2
- Place your thumb on one end and your middle finger on the other.
- Spin the egg using a 'clicking' movement (push thumb forward whilst drawing the middle finger back).
- If the egg spins fast, then the egg has been hard boiled.
- If, however, it spins very slowly (or is difficult to spin at all), it's raw.