Total Calories: 272
• Preheat the oven to 300°F.
• Grind the granola in a blender until fine. Place in a bowl and lightly stir in the oil with a fork. Sprinkle and stir in the juice or water.
• Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Chill before filling.
• Have ready 1 cup of whipped cream. Use whipped dairy cream or Tofu “Whipped Cream”. If whipping dairy cream, beat in 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract.
• Slice the strawberries and put aside 1 cup. Crush the rest in a bowl, and stir in the warmed honey, 1/2 teaspoon stevia extract, and salt.
• Place the agar-agar and apple juice in a small pan. Bring to a boil then simmer over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until dissolved. If using gelatin, soak the gelatin in the cold juice for 5 minutes in a small pan, then simmer until completely dissolved. Mix into the crushed berries.
• Fold the cup of whipped cream into the agar filling. Put a layer of sliced strawberries in the bottom of the cooled pie shell. Put a layer of sliced bananas on top of the strawberries. Follow with another layer of sliced strawberries. Pour the filling into the pie pan. Chill for 4 hours or longer.
OPTION: For a creamy filling, blend 3 cups of sliced strawberries in the blender first with the sweeteners and salt. Blend in the dissolved agar or gelatin by pouring through the top of the blender in a stream while the blender is on. Transfer to a large bowl, and fold in the whipped cream. If using blended strawberries and tofu whipped cream, the entire filling can be made in the blender. You may need an extra tablespoon of agar or 1/2 package vegetarian gelatin. Layer with the remaining strawberries and bananas as above.
NOTE: If using frozen berries omit the layering in the bottom of the pie shell or layer first with bananas followed by one layer of thawed strawberry slices (to prevent a soggy crust). Slice and thaw a 1-pound bag of frozen berries and follow the directions above. Use a total of 3 1/2 tablespoons agar-agar or 1 1/2 packages of vegetarian gelatin.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.