Total Calories: 215
• Toasting the crust is optional. Preheat the oven to 300°F if you wish to toast it first.
• Place the fruit in a small saucepan with the apple juice or water, and soften over low heat for a few minutes.
• Grind the coconut, seeds, and nuts to a fine meal in a blender or food processor. Place in a bowl and mix in the stewed fruit. Grind the mixture in the blender or food processor. If using a blender, place about 1/3 of the mixture at a time in the blender. Use the pulse button, stirring between pulses. When blended and ground, remove and put in another portion to grind.
• Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes, if desired. If baked, cool before filling. If unbaked, chill in the refrigerator before filling.
• To make the filling, cook the blackberries in the water, apple juice, lemon juice, and salt until the fruit is completely broken down. After cooking, press the berries through a fine-mesh strainer to remove the seeds. You should have 2 cups of berry sauce. If you have more, boil it down until you only have 2 cups.
• Frozen berries may be used, but cut back on the cooking liquid from 2 cups to about 1 1/2 cups. As above, end up with 2 cups of berry sauce.
• Blend the tofu, vanilla, and stevia extract in a blender or food processor until creamy with 1 cup of the berry sauce.
• Place the other cup of berry sauce in a small pan. Dissolve the agar-agar in the hot sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, cooking until dissolved (about 3 to 4 minutes), stirring occasionally.
• If using gelatin, use 1/2 cup of the cold water from the ingredients list to soak the gelatin for several minutes. Mix it into the hot berry sauce, and stir until dissolved. Don’t add an extra1/2 cup of liquid.
• Add the berry sauce with the dissolved agar-agar or gelatin to the mixture in the blender or processor, and mix until smooth.
• Pour the contents into the cooled pie shell. Chill for 2 hours or more.
OPTION: Serve topped with “Whipped Cream”, or use dairy whipped cream.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.