Total Calories: 47
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 9 to 10 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: 10 to 15 minutes on high
1. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper and rub in. Cut roast in half if needed to fit in a slow cooker.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown roast in oil. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
3. Saute onion and garlic in skillet until lightly browned. Add wine and coffee granules. Cook over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over meat. Push bay leaf into liquid.
4. Cover and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours or until meat is very tender.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove lay leaf and garlic. Transfer meat to a heated platter. Cover and keep warm.
6. In a small bowl, stir cold water and cornstarch until smooth. Stir into hot liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until boiling and thickened.
7. Slice meat and serve with gravy.
Serve with boiled or mashed potatoes and corn-on-the-cob.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.