Total Calories: 232
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 2 1/2 to 3 hours on high or 5 to 6 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: none
1. If desired, coat inside of slow cooker with non-stick spray. Cut chicken into 3/4 -inch pieces. In a plastic bag, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken and shake until chicken is well coated set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, crumble sausage. Over medium heat, brown sausage. Remove sausage and drain on paper towels. Place in a slow cooker. Discard drippings.
3. In same skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
4. Place tomatoes with liquid, tomato juice, rice, water, bouillon granules and Italian seasoning in skillet. Stirring over medium heat, bring to a boil, loosening browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over chicken. Top with onion, green pepper and garlic and stir.
5. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours or until rice, vegetables and chicken are very tender.
6. Stir before serving.
Serve with steamed broccoli or buttered peas.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.