Total Calories: 256
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 2 1/2 to 3 hours on high or 5 to 6 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: none
Cooling Time: 15 minutes or 1 hour
1. Remove skin and excess fat from chicken set aside.
2. Layer in a slow cooker, in order, carrots, celery, onion, chicken, parsley, bouillon granules, salt and pepper. Add water. Do Not Stir.
3. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
4. If time allows, uncover and cool chicken in broth at room temperature, about 1 hour. Otherwise, when chicken is cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes, remove chicken from bones and cut or shred meat according to recipe use. Discard bones. Cooked chicken can be refrigerated up to 2 days before using.
5. Strain broth and discard vegetables. Refrigerate broth for another use, up to 2 days. Remove excess fat before using.
Note: For faster cooling, chicken can be removed from broth, but meat will be less moist.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.