Total Calories: 1,034
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Slow Cooker Cooking Time: 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low
Last-Minute Cooking Time: 15 minutes on high plus about 5 minutes on stovetop
1. Remove skin, if desired, and excess fat from chicken pieces rinse and pat dry. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, brown chicken in butter. Do not crowd pieces.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir orange juice concentrate, bouillon granules, celery salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon-pepper seasoning, allspice and cinnamon until blended.
3. Place several pieces of chicken in a slow cooker. Spoon some of the orange mixture over chicken to coat. Repeat with remaining chicken and orange mixture.
4. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is tender, but not falling off bone. Baste while cooking if desired, replacing lid quickly.
5. Gently stir in peaches and grapes. Cover and heat for 15 minutes.
6. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and fruit to a warm serving platter. Cover tightly with foil and keep warm.
7. In a small saucepan, stir water and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually stir in 2 cups cooking liquid and remaining 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning. Stirring over medium heat, bring to a boil and boil for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
8. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken and garnish with almonds if desired. Pass sauce separately.
Serve with wild rice and steamed broccoli spears.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.