Stir-Fry Scallops and Broccoli
Ingredients:1/2 pound scallops, cut in half if very large (6-oz cooked)
2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
3 tablespoons lite soy sauce, divided
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 pound fresh broccoli, cut into serving pieces
1 medium onion, cubed
2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix the scallops with 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and soy sauce. Let stand 10-15 minutes.
2. Combine remaining cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and ginger with the water.
3. Sauté scallop mixture in nonstick skillet
4. Add vegetables. Cook and stir for several minutes.
5. Add water mixture and pepper. Cook until sauce thickens and vegetables are tender-crisp.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.